Estee Ross, our HR Director had the privilege of attending the Changing Perceptions conference organised by the Women in Manufacturing initiative, held at the impressive Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) in Coventry on October 31st. The event drew a significant turnout from major players in the manufacturing sector, creating a dynamic atmosphere for collaboration and insight. The MTC’s spacious layout and lunch (which Estee says was amazing!) further enhanced the conference experience.
The afternoon session featured engaging workshops that led to inspiring conversations on various topics, including:
- Be Who You See: diverse roles and opportunities in manufacturing
- Building Professional Profiles and supporting peers on social media
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- Shaping the Future of Manufacturing Jobs: digital technology, job appeal, and your ideal career
- Take Your Seat Inside the Board Room – From Critic to Cheerleader: how to shine without feeling like a horrible show off
- Digital Technologies for Improving Diversity in UK Manufacturing.
A prevalent theme throughout the discussions was the under-representation of women in the manufacturing sector. Conversations revolved around strategies to change this narrative, emphasising the need to raise awareness about the vast career opportunities within the industry. Warren, standing alongside industry giants such as Rolls Royce, Siemens, and Omron, continues to be held in high esteem—a testament to the exceptional work of Richard and Will Bridgman in promoting our SME both in person and across various social media platforms.
The event left a lasting impression, and Estee would very much like to send another member of our team to participate in this fantastic initiative next year.