Warren Services recognises that its activities impact upon the environment and therefore has a moral obligation to operate in an ethical and ecological fashion with regard to moving towards a more sustainable society.
Through the application of ISO 14001 the organisation has striven to exceed the statutory requirements placed upon it by the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (Parts 1 &2) using a strategy of “best practice” approach throughout all organisational operations.
We will seek to become an industry leader in our field through a programme of continuous assessment, improvement and monitoring by adherence to the following policy directives:
- Compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Improvement objectives and targets to further develop our environmental credentials.
- Reduction of waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Incorporating environmental considerations into the planning of new activities.
- Education of all staff on the implications of bad practices and their detrimental effect to the environment and the organisation.
- Evaluation of our environmental risks and being prepared to deal with all eventualities.
- Minimisation of vehicle emissions through the selection and use of its company vehicles
- Using legislation set down in COSHH to actively seek alternatives to existing non eco-friendly substances and materials currently utilised.
- Communication to and education of all staff on all aspects of our environmental aspirations and achievements.
- Encouraging the adoption of these principles by our suppliers and customers.
Achieving these standards is the responsibility of everyone at Warren Services. The management team is fully committed to the implementation of this policy statement.