Background- Warren Services Ltd is an established and highly successful Engineering Manufacturing business based in Thetford, Norfolk. We have a permanent opportunity for a high caliber candidate to join the Welding area. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing and progressive organisation at an exciting time.
Reporting to – Welding & Fabrication Manager Main Duties/Responsibilities
- Skilled Fabricator and Welder
- Must be confident with MIG Welding
- Have the ability to work with steel of various thickness (Thin gauge – up to 30-40mm)
- Able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Time served welder
- Competent in quality control of own work
- TIG welding experience
- Ability to work on various materials such as Aluminium and Stainless steels.
- Works well under pressure
- Problem solving approach.
Undertake any other reasonable management request
To attend staff meetings when requested
Work flexibly where possible to support the business when needed
Attend training requested by the company which is linked to the development of your job role
Ensure waste is kept to a minimum to benefit both the company and the environment
Ensure your working area is kept tidy at all times and general housekeeping maintained to assist with H&S procedures.
Attend any Health and Safety training when required.
Ensure full compliance with all areas of Health and Safety as per company Health and Safety policy. Ensure full compliance with health and safety personal protective equipment including work boots, safety glasses, ear plugs, overalls as required by legislation and set out in company health and safety procedures.
Salary – dependent on experience and qualifications.
Hours of work – 6.00am-2.00pm Monday to Friday with a 10 minute paid tea break and a 20 minute paid rest break. Any additional hours over 40 will be paid at overtime rate
- 31 days holiday (incl. Bank Holidays, of which 3 must be taken at the Christmas shutdown)
- Company Pension Scheme (eligible after a qualifying period)
- Sick pay (eligible after a qualifying period)
- Accident/Life Insurance (eligible after a qualifying period)
This job description is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties as flexibility in meeting company needs is required by all employees.
Please apply in writing to Estee Ross with a covering letter and CV: email@example.com